Thursday, July 16, 2009

The awesome sweetness of vegetable musical instruments

So this is my first blog, on the World Hunger Relief site. This topic, however, I feel is most worthy. Today Neil Rowe Miller was gracing us with a presentation on plant problems. He showed us pictures and tangible examples of Fungi, Bacteria, Viruses, and other common problems. One quick tid-bit on that is that if you think your plant may have fungi or bacteria and you break it open and its all oozy inside, that's gonna be a pretty good indicator you got some bacteria going on. Bacteria is notorious for oozing. The way I remember that is thinking of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles then thinking about shredder saying with an Arnold voice(who totally wasn't in any of the movies) "stand BACK(bacteria connection), I've got the ooze (tell tell sign of bacteria)."
So anyways that's the taste of agricultural knowledge, if you want the whole meal you should come to class. Back (I still want to say it with the Arnold accent every time now) to the inspiration for this blog. While I was off making a super delicious caffeinated beverage in order to shake the ever oppressive sleep monkey, Neil made one of the coolest things I've seen all week.








YEAH! A squash horn, made from a squash branch, much like a kazoo but way cooler.
By the way you can also use these as straws for sucking in delicious caffeinated drinks. Stinking Awesome.

While I was posting this I was telling my buddy Luke Land they should totally have a vegetable musical instruments class at UNT, music majors would eat it up. Then he told me about these guys.



enjoy my amigos, and always be pleased and praise God for all the coolness He created.

in His grace,
Brandon

No comments: