Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK 2009

MLK 2009
“………..THEY WILL NOT BE JUDGED BY THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN, BUT BY THE CONTENT OF THEIR CHARACTER”
The above quote of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was what was written on the bench we had at our service site.
The MLK day was a great time for me and as usual an opportunity to draw some lessons out of the activities.
Though I learned several lessons from the day’s activities, the quote on our bench kept me thinking about observations I’ve made before today.
I must say that the dream that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. had in respect to the quote has almost come to a reality. However, the comment which I picked from my teachers whiles growing up seem applicable here. That is “there is more room for improvement”.
Let us reflect as a people and find out where we still have disparities either in terms of access to food, education, health care, shelter etc and improve those areas as individuals and a corporate body with our God given abilities be it advocacy or general resources.
The day was full of fun and worth remembering.

No comments: