Monday, January 14, 2008

Farm Libs Pt. II

All right! You all know the drill...

Word List

1. verb (past tense)
2. adj.
3. adj.
4. adj.
5. plural noun
6. verb (past tense)
7. plural quantity
8. noun
9. adj.
10. adj.
11. verb (past tense)
12. noun
13. verb (+ ing)--that's called a gerund, kids!
14. active verb
15. plural noun
16. adverb
17. verb
18. noun



"The Great Goat Escape"

As Will and I __(verb)__ down the cold road early Saturday morning, I knew it was going to be a __(adj.)__ weekend. Our __(adj.)__ intern Will and I were __(adj.)__ to be milking the __(pl. noun)__ four times in two days. All seemed well until Vivian, my favorite goat, __(verb)__ over my milk pail, spilling __(pl. quantity)__ of milk all over the __(noun)__! Later that morning, Will ran the Farm Stand while I took a __(adj.)__ nap. But it was not our fate to have a restful afternoon, for the goats had a __(adj.)__ plan against me. As I __(verb)__ out to water the __(noun)__, I noticed eleven goats __(ger.)__ next to the garden, where no goats were supposed to be. And then, when I __(act. verb)__ to let in the dry goat herd, only three __(pl. noun)__ were there! I __(adv.)__called Will and Jocelyne, wondering how eleven goats had vanished, but then I remembered the renegade garden goats! Will and Chris and I had to __(verb)__ all eleven of the naughty goats back into their proper __(noun)__. What a weekend!

1 comment:

Pseudonym: Ndeye Willane said...

"The Great Goat Escape"
As Will and I ate down the cold road early Saturday morning, I knew it was going to be a yellow weekend. Our blustery intern Will and I were sweaty to be milking the grasses four times in two days. All seemed well until Vivian, my favorite goat, waited over my milk pail, spilling 3422 gallons of milk all over the goat! Later that morning, Will ran the Farm Stand while I took a hoofy nap. But it was not our fate to have a restful afternoon, for the goats had a goofy plan against me. As I hoed out to water the football, I noticed eleven goats panting next to the garden, where no goats were supposed to be. And then, when I frolicked to let in the dry goat herd, only three plants were there! I sophisticatedly called Will and Jocelyne, wondering how eleven goats had vanished, but then I remembered the renegade garden goats! Will and Chris and I had to spit all eleven of the naughty goats back into their proper phone. What a weekend!