Saturday, December 22, 2007

The first official day of Winter, and my first official entry on the blog.

Good morning everyone! This is my first update to the WHRI blog, a fairly grave, intimidating undertaking and I am, to be quite, quite honest, a little nervous about it. If my entry is subpar it will most probably just be deleted and none will be the wiser. So never fear. My hope is, however, that this will be a stunning, life changing read for you, oh dear faithful internet supporter of the farm.

Firstly, it has been a busy week with lots of hard work getting your turkeys ready for you. Delicious, farmy turkeys. If you missed out this year mark it down somewhere for next year so that you can experience the gloriforous wonder that is a farm raised turkey.

To replace the turkeys (or just because that is the way it is) we are preparing for the arrival of some new, freshly hatched chicks to coming sometime in the next week while we are all away for the holidays (Ideal Poultry does not have ideal timing apparently). We are looking forward to the increase in our egg production.

Here is a picture of a giant rabbit.

Apparantly they are breeding them in Germany to ship to North Korea to help combat hunger there. I am going to go on the record here and say that I am heartily against genetically modified foods, no matter how many people they would feed. Just the other day we were watching a film about this. What was it called? I will have to ask someone and get back to you. The farm is full of great resources like films about genetically modified food. Ask questions. Like I just did. The movie is called "The Future of Food" and it was scary and enlightening. I suggest watching it.

What else?
-Ellie

I found something else. Jocelyne says there are four half gallons of goats milk if anyone who is not on our regular milk rotation would be interested purchasing some. I will be sitting here, behind a table full of vegetables, for hours, waiting for you to come buy some milk.

No comments: